Sam’s approach to naturopathy combines evidence-based medicine with traditional philosophies of mind and body and includes the modalities of herbal medicine, homoeopathy, nutrition, iridology and flower essences. Her practice and philosophy are guided by the principles on which naturopathic medicine was formed:
- Primum No Nocere: First Do No Harm. Naturopathy aims to treat with as little intervention as possible to encourage the body to heal itself.
- Vis Medicatrix Naturae: The Healing Power of Nature. The most ideal treatments come from nature itself and work in unison with the body.
- Tolle Causam: Treat the Cause. The aim of the naturopath is to identify the underlying cause and where possible avoid treating symptomatically.
- In pertubato animo sicut in corpore sanitas esse non potest: Treat the Whole Person. You the person is treated not the disease or condition. The same disease manifests itself in different ways for each person
- Docere: Physician as Teacher – The intention is to bridge the knowledge gap between patient & practitioner to empower the client and give them control in the healing process.
- Principiis obsta sero medicina curator: Preventative Medicine. The recognition of the body’s signs & symptoms as messages of disharmony allows early intervention. This awareness gives one more control over their state of health.
Sam’s passion is in women’s health & she has provided assistance in the following:
- Balancing the female endocrine system to ease PMT, dysmenorrhoea, infertility, dysfunctional uterine bleeding (including PCOS & endometriosis) & menopausal symptoms
- Children’s Health including learning difficulties such as ADH D, ADD & autism spectrum disorders
- Nervous system support for insomnia, depression, stress & anxiety
- Strengthening the immune system to reduce the frequency of colds & flu, allergies, asthma & auto-immune conditions
- Improved digestive health to assist with symptoms of IBS, inflammatory bowel disease, infections & infestations, liver insufficiency
- Endocrine disorders including thyroid disease
- Treatment of male hormonal imbalances including Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Acute & Chronic urinary tract infections
- Assistance with convalescence, fatigue and lowered vitality
- Improved cardiovascular health to assist hypertension, circulation issues, arteriosclerosis, atherosclerosis
- Greater flexibility for musculo-skeletal problems such as osteo/rheumatoid arthritis, gout and sports injuries
- Greater awareness & solutions for metabolic disorders such as metabolic syndrome, obesity, hypothyroidism
- Cognitive support for students to improve memory & concentration & reduce the stress response during high pressure exam/study times
Born and bred in Newcastle NSW, Sam graduated from the University of Newcastle in 1997 with a Bachelor degree in Environmental Science (Biology Major). After traveling and working overseas she moved to Perth and began studying Naturopathy at the Perth Academy of Natural Therapies. Sam joined SPNC in 2004 and served a valuable “traineeship” to complement her studies. Sam currently lectures Anatomy and Physiology and Herbal therapeutics at paramount college of Natural Medicine.
Sam continues to be educated with passion on the latest research and developments in health, science and medicine.
After hour appointments can be arranged.
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others” Mahatma Gandhi